Internal Skills, also known as Inner Skills, or in Chinese 內功 (Neigong), are passive, stat boosting abilities. Being the primary source of character attributes, they play a crucial role in Character Progression.
About Internal Skills[edit | edit source]
Only one Internal Skill can be active at any one time, though they can be switched on the fly by using the Function key hotbar.
- Sect Inners tier 1 to 3 have a maximum of 36 levels, tier 4 inners will have 49 levels upon release on the 6th of march.
- To get the maximum level of a sect internal, players must join that sect. Internals from other sects than the character's own are limited to level 30.
Internal Skills can only have one of three attributes:
- Tai Chi - increases the damage dealt by moves with the Tai Chi attribute by 20% and moves with the Yang, Hard, Yin and Soft attributes by 16%
- Yang Hard - increases the damage dealt by moves with the Yang and Hard attributes by 20% and moves with the Tai Chi attribute by 16%
- Yin Soft - increases the damage dealt by moves with the Yin and Soft attribute by 20% and moves with the Tai Chi attribute by 16%
- Equipment and Character Attributes
The Internal Skill determines the maximum character attribute boost from received from armor: limit = internal attribute * 1.5. Example: if the internal skill has 32 body method, the maximum total body method possible to get would be: 32 (internal) + 32 * 1.5 (enchanted armor) = 80.
Obtaining Internal Skills[edit | edit source]
1st Sect Inner[edit | edit source]
After joining a sect, players will receive another, Sect-specific Internal Skill:
- Beggars' Sect: Untroubled Mind Technique
- Blissful Valley: Secrets of Dual Training
- Emei: Qi Stake Skill
- Royal Guards: Xuanyuan Classic
- Scholar's Academy: Enlightenment Skill
- Shaolin: Zen Meditation
- Tang Clan: Seven Lost Classics
- Wudang: Liangyi Heart Protecting Skill
Leveling the right skill is key: in order not to fall behind, players should cultivate the first Sect Internal Skill as soon as it is obtained. To do so, players must open their Skill Book (K), click on the "Internal Skill" Tab, choose their school, select the skill received and click on "Cultivate". This will use up Cultivation Points (sometimes called Accomplishment Points currently) to improve the passive Sect Skill. It is very important to improve this skill, as it defines a character’s strength.
2nd Sect Inner[edit | edit source]
There are 2 methods of acquiring the sect's second internal skill:
- Method 1
- Once the first sect Internal Skill hits level 30, players can speak to their sect leader and follow the quest line until they get the second Internal Skill.
- Method 2
- When the player reaches 30,000 Jianghu Reputation, they may buy the internal with Sect Honour Certificates through the exchanges and trade NPC.
Regardless of the method used to acquire the second internal, they will only be able to cultivate it to level 30. To get the levels 31 to 36, players must buy the script with Sect Honour Certificates from the exchanges and trade NPC.
Once the 2nd internal skill obtained, players should focus on cultivating this new skill, as it quickly becomes stronger than the first one.
3rd Sect Inner[edit | edit source]
To acquire the third sect Internal, the player must meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess their 8th Sect Identity
- Have levelled their 2nd Sect Internal to level 30
- Have a Jianghu Reputation of 70 000
Once at least one of these conditions are met, players can receive a quest at their sect to begin learning their Sect's 3rd Internal.
- Basic Level (1-9): Exchange 15 Sect Honor Certificates for task item. After completing the task, players can get a page of the corresponding levels.
- Advanced Level (10-18): Exchange 20 Sect Honor Certificates for task item. After completing the task, players can get a page of the corresponding levels.
- Intermediate Level (19-31): Exchange 25 Sect Honor Certificates for task item. After completing the task, players can get a page of the corresponding levels.
- Expert Level: Levels 32-36 require 2 Pages from previous levels to exchange.
Fourth Sect Internal Skill[edit | edit source]
The 4th internal is released in the Immortal Legends Expansion. Only members of that sect are able to study it (i.e. a Royal Guard disciple cannot learn the 4th internal of the Wudang sect. When levelled to 40, this inner unlocks the 4th accupoint associated with that sect.
To acquire the fourth sect Internal, the player must meet one of the following requirements:
- Must have Tier 3 internal unlocked and levelled to 30.
- Must have 130,000 Jianghu Reputation points.
- Must have Tier 4 Junior Brother Identity.
Any member of the sect that fits one of those three is able to study the 4th Internal of that sect.
Other Internals[edit | edit source]
More Internal Skills will be unlocked as the general server population progresses in strength.
Internal Skills from other schools can also be acquired by participating in Script Stealing Events. Additionally, this becomes useful for the Meridian System.
List of Internal Skills for Comparison[edit | edit source]
The following table lists the Internal Skills and their effects.
Note: Some of these skills may not be out yet, and are subject to change.
|Sect||Type||Str||BM||Int Br||Vig Qi||Sta||HP||IP||Sum||Cap||Parry||Int Def|
|Beggars' Sect I lvl 36||72||17||13||12||61||2100||560||175||263||860||50|
|Beggars' Sect II lvl 36||77||26||52||15||89||3120||835||259||389||1330||75|
|Beggars' Sect III lvl 36||160||32||32||32||64||4230||930||320||480||1910||95|
|Beggars' Sect IV lvl 49||219||65||47||51||95||6330||1385||477||716||4860||140|
|Blissful Valley I lvl 36||70||16||56||18||16||1930||580||176||264||1140||50|
|Blissful Valley II lvl 36||19||16||139||65||18||2840||855||257||386||2210||75|
|Blissful Valley III lvl 36||128||64||64||32||31||3720||1060||319||479||2440||95|
|Blissful Valley IV lvl 49||97||73||146||82||79||5580||1570||477||716||5970||140|
|Emei I lvl 36||17||9||58||52||38||2100||560||174||261||1730||50|
|Emei II lvl 36||21||15||145||26||51||3360||785||258||387||1430||75|
|Emei III lvl 36||32||64||128||32||63||3720||1060||319||479||1800||95|
|Emei IV lvl 49||83||105||168||43||78||5490||1600||477||716||5250||140|
|Royal Guards I lvl 36||72||17||13||10||63||2100||560||175||263||820||50|
|Royal Guards II lvl 36||55||26||75||20||82||3630||730||258||387||1330||75|
|Royal Guards III lvl 36||96||64||64||32||63||3990||990||319||479||2450||95|
|Royal Guards IV lvl 49||183||91||56||79||68||6030||1460||477||716||5490||140|
|Scholar's Academy I lvl 36||35||13||78||10||39||2100||560||175||263||870||50|
|Scholar's Academy II lvl 36||25||23||107||15||88||3360||785||258||387||1300||75|
|Scholar's Academy III lvl 36||64||64||96||32||63||3810||1030||319||479||2450||95|
|Scholar's Academy IV lvl 49||68||102||165||84||58||5370||1630||477||716||5760||140|
|Shaolin I lvl 36||51||16||10||16||82||1930||580||175||263||1100||50|
|Shaolin II lvl 36||54||20||56||53||76||3120||835||259||389||2160||95|
|Shaolin III lvl 36||96||64||32||32||95||4380||890||319||479||1810||95|
|Shaolin IV lvl 49||191||53||91||44||98||5970||1470||477||716||4890||140|
|Tang Clan I lvl 36||36||78||14||10||37||1930||580||175||263||630||50|
|Tang Clan II lvl 36||101||54||22||26||55||2840||855||258||387||1370||75|
|Tang Clan III lvl 36||96||96||32||32||64||4230||930||320||480||1650||95|
|Tang Clan IV lvl 49||145||132||53||52||95||6270||1405||477||716||4710||140|
|Wudang I lvl 36||54||15||54||15||37||1930||580||175||263||980||50|
|Wudang II lvl 36||25||25||112||46||50||3120||835||258||387||75|
|Wudang III lvl 36||128||32||64||32||63||3990||990||319||479||1930||95|
|Wudang IV lvl 49||134||31||177||59||76||5460||1610||477||716||4950||140|
|Setting Sun lvl 49||62||60||100||92||96||5070||1285||410||615||4290||120|
|Setting Sun lvl 64||84||82||163||124||126||6810||1730||552||828||7770||155|
|Taoist lvl 49||100||62||93||60||95||5070||1280||410||615||3300||120|
|Taoist lvl 64||136||84||127||82||123||6840||1720||552||828||6450||155|
|Five Elements lvl 49||62||60||93||92||103||5130||1265||410||615||4440||120|
|Five Elements lvl 64||84||82||127||124||135||6900||1710||552||828||7950||155|
|Against Worldly Evil lvl 49||78||57||81||114||80||5070||1280||410||615||4740||120|
|Against Worldly Evil lvl 64||106||77||110||153||106||6840||1730||552||828||8370||155|
|Purple Rosy Clouds lvl 49||100||92||62||60||96||5310||1225||410||615||3180||120|
|Purple Rosy Clouds lvl 64||136||124||84||82||126||7140||1650||552||828||3600||155|
|Poison Toad lvl 49||111||55||100||51||94||5040||1285||411||617||2870||120|
|Poison Toad lvl 64||150||74||135||70||123||6810||1730||552||828||5940||155|
|Blood Blade lvl 49||92||114||88||52||64||4920||1320||410||615||3360||120|
|Blood Blade lvl 64||124||155||119||71||83||6630||1780||552||828||4540||155|
|Icy Heart lvl 49||60||54||99||96||102||5100||1275||411||617||4320||120|
|Icy Heart lvl 64||82||73||134||129||134||6870||1720||552||828||7800||150|
|Hunyuan / Chaos Style lvl 49||70||44||116||96||84||4920||1320||410||615||3780||120|
|Hunyuan / Chaos Style lvl 64||95||60||158||129||110||6630||1780||552||828||7080||155|
- Str - Strength
- BM - Body Method
- Int Br - Internal Breathing
- Vig Qi - Vigorous Qi
- Sta - Satmina
- HP - Hit Points
- IP - Internal Power
- Sum - Sum of the main stat boosts (Strength, BM, Internal Breathing, Vigorous Qi and Stamina)
- Cap - Max boost possible to obtain with appropriate equipment
- Int Def - Internal Defence
Neigong Concept[edit | edit source]
Neigong is the ability to build up inner energy and utilise it for offensive and defensive purposes. In Wuxia fiction, characters use this energy to attain skills such as superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability and healing as well as the ability to project energy beams and/or elemental forces from their bodies.